She’s one of my photography clients and has also become a really good friend.
She recently did a brave and put on an event to bring a few people from the online business space together.
The usual worries were there. I’m certain she won’t mind me saying this but I think whenever anyone steps outside of their comfort zones to do something different, parts of our brains try to tell us all sorts of stuff. I get it myself – no one will come, it will be crap, am I charging the right amount, it’s a stupid idea, blah blah blah.
You are moving.
You are growing.
I know that sometimes it doesn’t feel like it.
But you are.
You don’t notice because that’s the way of the world.
We’re taught to focus on all the things we’re not doing.
We’re taught to concentrate on all that we’re not good at.
It’s not your fault.
That was how school worked.
Focus and work harder on the things you struggle with.
We’ve all taken that pattern with us unto adulthood.
I know it gets you down.
- A super quick way to get your head out of a funk, stick a rocket up your butt and make you feel (moderately) normal.
- Oh She’s Fierce: Personal Brand Photography in Chester
- Because sometimes it just all effing sucks.
- Uplift & Uplevel: Event Photography in Shrewsbury
- Personal Brand Photography: An Ace Study – Rosa Lisa, The Light Within